Sunday, September 25, 2011

Starting Another Diet?

There is nothing more frustrating than getting on the scale and seeing that the number has gone up.  For more than a year, I’ve maintained my weight.  It’s been too high and I’ve been wanting to start some kind of weight loss strategy, but at least it hasn’t been changing.  Now, suddenly, it’s going up.  Today it was at 183, which at my height means a BMI of 29.5.  Just a hair away from being obese. 
So with that kick in the pants, I have decided to get going on this.  For years I’ve been designing what I believe to be the ultimate weight loss program in my head.  I’ve researched and read and thought and planned.  And now I will act on it.  To keep myself going and as a kind of journal of the process, I’ve decided to blog about the techniques that I’m using.  I plan to further flesh out this “program” as I go, see what works and what doesn’t.
It would take too long to explain it in detail now, but suffice it to say it’s more than a diet.  It’s a whole life assessment.  A re-examination of what’s working and not in many aspects of life and taking the time to make the changes that I should. 
Oh, and it should be fun too.  So with a hint of desperation, a glob of excitement and a sense of panic, I begin, today...

No comments:

Post a Comment